Event - World Book Day
2 March 2017
On Thursday 2nd March 2017 we celebrated World Book Day and all classes dressed up and done something booky for the special occasion.
The day started with our very own Cinderella Miss Battick leading an assembly where we learnt all about the importance of books and listened to our teachers tell traditional tales with a twist.
After the assembly all classes got involved in various activities around a traditional tale.
- Reception used Goldilocks to create role plays and to write sorry letters.
- Year 1 made finger puppets and retold the Hansel and Gretel story.
- Year 2 enjoyed the story of Little Red Riding Hood.
- Year 3 used Three Little Pigs to inspire their learning.
- Year 4 baked ginger bread and wrote their own alternatives of the Gingerbread Man.
- Year 5 produced their own versions of Snow White.
- Year 6 were also inspired by the Three Little Pigs tale and designed them some new homes.
The afternoon was full of shared reading sessions as our KS2 and KS1/Foundation classes partnered up to read stories together and find out more about each other’s favourite books and what inspires them about reading.