On this page you will find lots of links to other websites that we hope you might find interesting or entertaining.
We purchase home access to Education City for every child in the school. Each child is given an individual username and password. Education City is an online learning resource that can be accessed from any computer with Internet access. By using the website at home, your child can complete fun, engaging activities that help reinforce their in-school learning. Teachers set up homework activities for English, Maths and Science each week which link to their current work in school or reinforce basic skills and previous units of work.
Useful Links for Parents
- BBC Bitesize - English, Maths and Science activities for children from the BBC.
- Woodlands Literacy Zone - Lots of great Literacy links from Woodlands Junior School.
- BGfL Maths Resources - Birmingham Grid for Learning's Primary Mathematics page.
- Maths Zone - Mathematics games and activities.
- Woodlands Interactive Maths Games - Lots of great Mathematics links from Woodlands Junior School.
Year 3 Recommendations
- BBC Bitesize for KS2 - lots of interactive resources to help your children with different aspects of literacy, mathematics, etc.
- Maths Problem of the Day - a daily mathematics problem that is fun to solve.
- Oxford Owl - a useful for website for picture and interactive books – there are 250 eBooks to choose from.
- Poetry for Kids - a fantastic website for reading poems.
- Top Marks - lots of games and activities in literacy, mathematics and more.
More Fun and Useful Links
Links to movies, television, games, soccer clubs, and fun things for children.
A big list of useful links that children will find useful aid to learning and revision.
A page of resources and links of interest to parents.
A page of resources and links of interest to teachers.