Welcome to Reception Class.
We have just started our school journey at St Anne’s and Mrs Ryan, Mrs Virdee and Mrs Rollins all help us with our learning.
We enjoy completing lots of activities each day to help us to develop our skills as we work towards achieving the 17 Early Learning Goals:
|Personal, Social and Emotional Development||Making Relationships|
|Self-confidence and self-awareness|
|Managing feelings and behaviour|
|Physical Development||Moving and handling|
|Health and self-care|
|Communcation and Language||Listening and attention|
|Shape, space and measure|
|Understanding the World||People and communities|
|Expressive Arts and Design||Exploring and using media and materials|
We are looking forward to all of the new and exciting things that we will experience this year!
What you can do to help your child at home:
- Reading their home reading books every day.
- Reading books from home and reading other types of print – comics, newspapers, magazines, posters, leaflets.
- Practising letter formation and writing: sentences, shopping lists, news about their weekend.
- Practising number formation Practising counting sets of objects, thinking about what one more and one less than a number would be.
- Looking for shapes in the world around them.
Find out what we will be learning during the year in our Curriculum Overviews (latest at the top):
More about our learning in Reception:
- General: Helping Your Child Learn at Home
- Spelling: List
- Spelling: Activities for Home
- Reading: 100 High Frequency Words
- Reading: Helping Your Child to Read
- Reading: Recommended Books
- Writing: Handwriting Steps
- Writing: Letter Formation Chart
- Writing: Letter Rhymes Chart
- Maths: 100 Square
- Maths: Addition Names
- Maths: Mat
- Maths: Number Snake
- Maths: Shapes
- Maths: Subtraction Names
Read about some of the things we've been getting up to:
All documents above are in pdf format.