We are delighted to welcome your child to the St Anne’s family.
Mrs Ryan, Mrs Virdee and Mrs Rollins will be the team of staff that support your child’s learning throughout this year. If you have any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to speak with one of us and we will be happy to help!
Your child is about to embark upon their own individual learning journey and each day they will be completing a wide range of activities that will help them to develop their skills and work towards achieving the 17 Early Learning Goals:
|Personal, Social and Emotional Development||Making Relationships|
|Self-confidence and self-awareness|
|Managing feelings and behaviour|
|Physical Development||Moving and handling|
|Health and self-care|
|Communication and Language||Listening and attention|
|Shape, space and measure|
|Understanding the World||People and communities|
|Expressive Arts and Design||Exploring and using media and materials|
Our PE lessons will take place on a Monday. Please ensure that your child has their full PE kit in school on this day each week and that all items of their clothing are labelled with their name.
Please sign your child’s planner each night and check for any important messages or letters that it contains.
We are looking forward to all of the new and exciting things that the children will experience this year and we look forward to working closely with you as their families as their learning progresses.
Mrs Ryan, Mrs Virdee and Mrs Rollins
What you can do to help your child at home:
- Reading their home reading books every day.
- Reading books from home and reading other types of print – comics, newspapers, magazines, posters, leaflets.
- Practising letter formation and writing: sentences, shopping lists, news about their weekend.
- Practising number formation.
- Practising counting sets of objects, thinking about what one more and one less than a number would be.
- Looking for shapes in the world around them.
Find out what we will be learning during the year in our Curriculum Overviews (latest at the top):
More about our learning in Reception:
- General: Helping Your Child Learn at Home
- Spelling: List
- Spelling: Activities for Home
- Reading: 100 High Frequency Words
- Reading: Helping Your Child to Read
- Reading: Recommended Books
- Writing: Handwriting Steps
- Writing: Letter Formation Chart
- Writing: Letter Rhymes Chart
- Maths: 100 Square
- Maths: Addition Names
- Maths: Mat
- Maths: Number Snake
- Maths: Shapes
- Maths: Subtraction Names
Read about some of the things we've been getting up to:
All documents above are in pdf format.
Visiting our school Library.
Using apparatus in our PE lesson.
Exploring numbers outside of the classroom.
Representing numbers inside the classroom.
Making beautiful music!
Mark making in our Outdoor Area.