Our Year 1 team consists of Mrs. Dhillon and Mrs. Malik. Working collaboratively we will provide opportunities for your children to flourish and will allow children to become consistent as they learn, laugh and grow together.
If you have any concerns or questions regarding your child, please feel free to see me at the end of the day. If I am not available or this is not convenient for yourself, the please make an appointment with me via the school office.
It is important to remember that you as parents are the prime educators of your child and therefore by working as a team together, I aim to ensure your child reaches their full potential whilst in my care.
Mrs Dhillon and Mrs Malik
Each week children will have set homework as follows:
- Spellings – given on Monday and tested on Friday
- Number bonds- given on Friday and tested on Monday
- Homework – given on Friday and must be handed in on Tuesday
- PE – Thursday. Please ensure the correct PE kits is in school.
As well as supporting you children with their spellings and number bonds, we expect that you read with your child everyday and to record this in their reading diaries.
Common Exception Words
Here is a list of the words that your children are expected to know by the end of Year 1. Please support your children reading and writing these words correctly at home.
the, a, do, to, today, of, said, says, are, were, was, is, his, has, I, you, your, they, be, he, me, she, we, no, go, so, by, my, here, there, where, love, come, some, one, once, ask, friend, school, put, push, pull, full, house
Find out what we will be learning during the year in our Curriculum Overviews (latest at the top):
More about our learning in Year 1:
- Age Related Expectations
- Spelling: List - Autumn Term
- Spelling: Activities for Home
- English: Mat
- Reading: 100 High Frequency Words
- Reading: Common Exception Words
- Reading: Recommended Books
- Maths: 100 Square
- Maths: Addition Names
- Maths: Division Names
- Maths: Mat
- Maths: Multiplication Names
- Maths: Number Bonds
- Maths: Shapes
- Maths: Subtraction Names
Read about some of the things we've been getting up to:
- Making Model Houses - June 2018
All documents above are in pdf format.