Welcome to the Year 2 page!
I am looking forward to working with all students in Year 2 and their families to help them to grow into individuals and to develop and nurture them academically.
School starts promptly at 8.55am and finishes at 3.00pm. Your child’s regular and prompt attendance at school is crucial to his/her success.
It is important that parent and teachers communicate on a regular basis. Please use the pupil planners for communication purposes. If necessary, I am also available after school if you need to meet with me. Appointments can be made at the front office.
If you have any concerns or questions regarding your child, please feel free to see me at the end of the day. If I am not available or this is not convenient for yourself, then please make an appointment with me via the school office.
It is important to remember that you as parents are prime educators of your child and therefore by working as a team together, we aim to ensure your child reaches their full potential whilst in our care.
Mrs Samra and Mrs Ward
Each week children will have set homework as follows:
- Monday: spelling homework - they will be given a list of words to revise.
- Wednesday and Thursday: PE – please ensure the correct PE kits is in school.
- Friday: Maths and comprehension homework by the following Tuesday (one sheet of each to be completed if given a workout book).
- Friday: spelling test in school.
They will also be encouraged to learn their multiplication tables and read daily (please sign the reading log daily as well as the planners).
Find out what we will be learning during the year in our Curriculum Overviews (latest at the top):
More about our learning in Year 2:
- Age Related Expectations
- Spelling: List - Autumn Term
- Spelling: Activities for Home
- English: Mat
- Reading: 100 High Frequency Words
- Reading: Common Exception Words
- Reading: Recommended Books
- Maths: 100 Square
- Maths: Addition Names
- Maths: Column Addition
- Maths: Column Subtraction
- Maths: Division Names
- Maths: Fractions Mat
- Maths: Mat
- Maths: Multiplication Names
- Maths: Number Bonds
- Maths: Shapes
- Maths: Subtraction Names
Read about some of the things we've been getting up to:
All documents above are in pdf format.
Writing instructions together so we can programme the Beebot.
Checking that our instructions for the Beeot are correct.
Using our senses to explore different foods.
Tasting different things.
Looking at how to stay safe online and who to tell when we are worried.