I would like to welcome both you and your child to Year 4.
I am looking forward to working with you to ensure that your child reaches their full potential whilst in my care.
The Year 4 team consists of Miss Battick and Mrs Fernandez.
If you have any concerns or questions regarding your child, please feel free to see me at the end of the day. If I am not available or this is not convenient for yourself, then we can arrange an appointment for another time.
I am very much looking forward to the year ahead!
- Reading – It is important that your child reads every evening. They will receive a banded home reader and a free choice library book.
- Times Table Rock Stars (see link below) - At least 3x a week (tested in school 3x weekly)
- Spellings – Set on Monday, tested on Friday
- Maths – Activity to practice area of Maths taught that week. Homework set on Friday, due on Tuesday.
Your child may be given additional homework dependent on their needs.
Websites to support learning
- Times Tables Rock Stars – Times Tables homework to be completed at home.
- MyMaths - Online resource covering all areas of the Maths curriculum through activities, games and online lessons.
- Spelling Frame - A free resource to practice spelling patterns and end of Y3/4 words.
Children will need their PE kits on Tuesday and Friday.
Find out what we will be learning during the year in our Curriculum Overviews (latest at the top):
More about our learning in Year 4:
All documents above are in pdf format.
Learning how the digestive system works.
Using materials to create an Egyptian Shaduf during Science Week.
Learning lots of things on a visit to the Museum.
Studying the ancient Egyptians at the Museum.