I would like to welcome both you and your child to Year 4. I hope that your family had a lovely summer holiday and I am looking forward to working with you throughout the coming year.
Our Year 4 team consists of Miss Price and Mrs Nayyar. Together we aim to ensure you child performs to their potential. If you have any concerns or questions regarding your child, please feel free to see me at the end of the day. If I am not available or this is not convenient for yourself, then we can arrange an appointment for another time.
In Year 4, we are lucky enough to have an external member of staff come in and teach us the Flute, this will be during our music lessons every Tuesday. Whilst the start of the new school year is always busy, we hope you and your child are looking forward to the beginning of what we’re sure will be a very exciting year ahead.
Miss Price and Mrs Nayyar
This term, Year 4’s PE will be on a Tuesday afternoon. We are very fortunate to have specialist teachers from Bishop Challenor teaching us PE, so we ask to ensure that your child comes to school with their full St. Anne’s PE kit ready for outdoor PE lessons dependent on the weather.
As you’re aware, Year 4 are lucky enough to be learning how to play the flute. Our lessons are every Tuesday. Please ensure that flutes are in school for this to prevent any loss of learning.
Likewise to homework set throughout the week, it is very important that your child reads their home reading book daily and when finished completes their review.
- Maths – Set on Friday, due on Tuesday.
- Times Tables – Complete online twice a week through Times Tables Rock Stars.
- Spellings – Set on Monday, due on Friday.
- Comprehension – Set every fortnight on a Monday, due on Thursday. The questions will be based around their class guided reading text.
Websites to support learning
- Times Tables Rock Stars – Times Tables homework to be completed at home at least twice a week.
- Top Marks - A selection of educational games to help with learning, it’s very useful on building their maths skills learnt in lessons.
Find out what we will be learning during the year in our Curriculum Overviews (latest at the top):
More about our learning in Year 4:
All documents above are in pdf format.
Learning how the digestive system works.
Using materials to create an Egyptian Shaduf during Science Week.
Learning lots of things on a visit to the Museum.
Studying the ancient Egyptians at the Museum.